Skip to main content

Introduction: How to Spend Your Time in Quarantine

All around the world, people everywhere are facing a similar situation. Most of us are facing a lockdown, either working from home or temporarily out of work and/or school, unless we're one of the essential workers on the front lines (a big thank you to all the healthcare professionals, grocery store and gas station employees, truck drivers, warehouse workers, garbage collectors, postal service workers, delivery drivers, and anyone else I may have missed who are still out there working hard to keep everyone alive). That means we likely have much more free time than we did a few weeks ago. So how are you spending your time?

I've been writing, listening to some great educational podcasts, signed up for some free online courses, doing some reading, played some video games, spending lots of time with my husband, my son, and my dogs, and I've been rewatching some of my old favorite shows. That's when I started thinking: why not blog about it? I don't know how long we're going to be quarantined for, but I know it'll be for at least another month. I work in a school and I know that more and more states have been making the decision to close schools for the remainder of the school year, which means I could be looking at the stay-at-home lifestyle until August. That means plenty of time to catch up on old hobbies and make some new ones.

I'm planning to start a rewatch of some of my favorite shows and blog about my opinions. I already own most on dvd, but there are also several places you can find them online if you want to join me on this little adventure. Since this will be a rewatch, I want to warn you now: there WILL be spoilers! Follow along at your own risk!

I'm thinking that the first show I'll likely rewatch is Robin Hood (the BBC version that aired from 2006-2009). Other shows that may follow that one include Firefly, Farscape, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Dawson's Creek, Smallville, Charmed, etc. I can't guarantee what order I'll go in or that I'll cover all of them and I may add some different shows into the mix instead. I'm pretty much just going to watch what I want, when I want, and may even post reviews for more than one show simultaneously. This is, first and foremost, about keeping myself entertained and sane while trapped in my house for months on end, so I'm going to watch and write about whatever makes me happy. If reliving happy memories from your favorite shows is something you'd like to do while you're in quarantine, come and join me! It will be fun! Just bring your own popcorn.

And remember folks: stay home, stay safe, and practice social distancing! We'll get through this together by staying apart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robin Hood 1x08 "Tattoo? What Tattoo?"

This episode is a major turning point for the show. It calls back to a few things we've seen before, including Robin's nightmare from a few episodes ago, his wound, and the conversation he had with Guy in the first episode when Guy mentioned having seen Robin fight before, all of which was foreshadowing for the big reveal in this episode. The episode is sort of split into two parts. Half of it is focused on Djaq, her capture, and the attempts to free her, and the other half is focused on Guy and Robin. It's a really important episode with some great scenes in it and gives some fascinating insight into Robin's character, including in my opinion, highlighting several of his major character flaws. Let's begin! Thoughts While Watching: We open with a flashback of when Robin and Much were in Acre that's actually part of a dream that Robin's having in the present day. We see him get injured and try to stop someone, who we find out is Guy, from killing t...

Robin Hood 2x05 "Ducking and Diving"

This is probably the very best episode of the entire series. This is Robin Hood at it's absolute peak. I cannot even begin to explain how much I absolutely adore this episode. It ripped my heart apart and stomped on it, sure, but it is genuinely excellent in every way and contains the scene that is probably my OTP's finest moment. We're at the episode where Robin finds out he has a traitor in his gang. Personally, I think it would have been better to go another episode or two of Allan being a traitor before the big reveal as I think it would have made even more of an impact, since at this point he hasn't really betrayed them that many times. He might've told Guy something the night he escaped the dungeon (but I don't count that as a betrayal since it was to save his own life), he told Guy they were going to break into the strongroom again (but Guy already knew that so he didn't give up any valuable information at all), he told Guy about the fake order from ...

Robin Hood 2x02 "The Booby and the Beast"

This episode is one of the strangest and most ridiculous episodes of the entire series but it's also one of the most fun! It holds a special place in my heart just for being the Djaq-in-a-dress episode and has one of my absolute favorite scenes: the reactions of the rest of the gang to her wearing a dress. If you're looking for anything even closely resembling historical accuracy or realism, this definitely isn't the episode for you. But then again, if that's what you're looking for, you might want to try a different series altogether. We'll be headed to medieval Las Vegas for this one; let's begin! Thoughts While Watching: Okay so, before we even get started, I just gotta ask...does "booby" mean something different in British slang? Or does it have some other meaning that I'm unaware of? I have literally never heard it used in the context that it's used here before in my life. In my world, a booby is a breast. It's always t...