Skip to main content

Secret Diary of a Call Girl 1x03

I’m on a roll tonight! Third episode back to back, let’s get started!

Thoughts While Watching

  • She definitely fell for Ashok. First client, in another episode she says she sees him every other week, sharing books, she actually bothers to try to justify the wife thing here, it’s all definitely crossing the line. I know she gets her heart broken in the episode with Naomi.
  • I wish I had her lingerie. More importantly, I wish I looked good enough to pull it off. I’d look terrible in it!
  • That little shoulder kiss while he’s asleep…she definitely fell for Ashok so hard.
  • I love her friendship with Ben. They’re so cute! Is this the only scene where we actually see Vanessa? I’m surprised they never really let us see her. But oh my God, Ben is so funny when he knows he’s about to get sex.
  • This show isn’t that old, but I doubt that trans joke would fly today. I love her friendship with this hotel employee too. It’s cute.
  • This guy from the hotel bar seems familiar. I’m kinda wondering if I’ve seen the actor in something else but I’m too lazy to imdb him right now.
  • I love when she looks at the camera like she’s on The Office.
  • 3 hours 41 minutes? Damn… Of just this the whole time? I can’t imagine anything more boring.
  • Whoa…that wouldn’t fly today either. She sticks her finger up his ass without warning or consent and then says, “If you ask them first, 90% will say no. But hey, once it’s up there…” Yikes. She just sexually assaulted this guy and it’s played off as a joke. I’m feeling a bit uncomfortable right now.
  • Her description of herself as a real girlfriend sounds like me if I’m being honest.
  • I love her and Ben so much. I love that she calls him first thing when she gets off work.

Final Thoughts

That was a fun episode but I’m a little shocked at what she did to that guy from the bar. I don’t think I ever viewed it that way before but it’s definitely not a good thing. Alright, on to the next one!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robin Hood 1x08 "Tattoo? What Tattoo?"

This episode is a major turning point for the show. It calls back to a few things we've seen before, including Robin's nightmare from a few episodes ago, his wound, and the conversation he had with Guy in the first episode when Guy mentioned having seen Robin fight before, all of which was foreshadowing for the big reveal in this episode. The episode is sort of split into two parts. Half of it is focused on Djaq, her capture, and the attempts to free her, and the other half is focused on Guy and Robin. It's a really important episode with some great scenes in it and gives some fascinating insight into Robin's character, including in my opinion, highlighting several of his major character flaws. Let's begin! Thoughts While Watching: We open with a flashback of when Robin and Much were in Acre that's actually part of a dream that Robin's having in the present day. We see him get injured and try to stop someone, who we find out is Guy, from killing t...

Robin Hood 2x05 "Ducking and Diving"

This is probably the very best episode of the entire series. This is Robin Hood at it's absolute peak. I cannot even begin to explain how much I absolutely adore this episode. It ripped my heart apart and stomped on it, sure, but it is genuinely excellent in every way and contains the scene that is probably my OTP's finest moment. We're at the episode where Robin finds out he has a traitor in his gang. Personally, I think it would have been better to go another episode or two of Allan being a traitor before the big reveal as I think it would have made even more of an impact, since at this point he hasn't really betrayed them that many times. He might've told Guy something the night he escaped the dungeon (but I don't count that as a betrayal since it was to save his own life), he told Guy they were going to break into the strongroom again (but Guy already knew that so he didn't give up any valuable information at all), he told Guy about the fake order from ...

Robin Hood 2x02 "The Booby and the Beast"

This episode is one of the strangest and most ridiculous episodes of the entire series but it's also one of the most fun! It holds a special place in my heart just for being the Djaq-in-a-dress episode and has one of my absolute favorite scenes: the reactions of the rest of the gang to her wearing a dress. If you're looking for anything even closely resembling historical accuracy or realism, this definitely isn't the episode for you. But then again, if that's what you're looking for, you might want to try a different series altogether. We'll be headed to medieval Las Vegas for this one; let's begin! Thoughts While Watching: Okay so, before we even get started, I just gotta ask...does "booby" mean something different in British slang? Or does it have some other meaning that I'm unaware of? I have literally never heard it used in the context that it's used here before in my life. In my world, a booby is a breast. It's always t...