Skip to main content

Secret Diary of a Call Girl 1x05

Halfway through season one and things are picking up. Ben knows the truth now which is definitely a turning point in the show. Let’s get started!

Thoughts While Watching

  • The bridal shop lady is right. Shopping for my wedding dress was a nightmare because I’m fat.
  • Stephanie says here that Belle put down no to watersports but it shows her doing it in the first episode of season two. So gross. Yeah, I know, I’m so judgmental. Oh well. Gross is gross. The toilet thing last episode was gross and watersports is gross too.
  • Aw, poor Hannah. She definitely seemed sad when Ben said that about her not being the bride in that tone of voice. And she’s trying to hide it.
  • Oh, it’s legal in the UK? Interesting. It’s not legal here in most parts of the U.S.
  • Aw, Belle seems so possessive and almost in love with Ashok. It’s kind of sad.
  • So…does this mean that Naomi goes by her real name when she’s working? Or did she want Hannah to trust her enough to tell her her real name but doesn’t want to reveal her own yet?
  • I feel genuinely bad for her. She’s definitely taking this as a breakup. I don’t know how I feel about the fact that she stopped being friends with Naomi over it though.
  • Aw, I love that Ben’s the one she turns to every time things don’t go well for her. And I love that Ben tells her she looked good in the wedding dress. So cute.
  • I mentioned in a previous post, but I have a friend that I have a very Hannah/Ben type relationship with and he was my best man too. It’s always awkward when you do that though, I know from experience. It’s cute though that Ben asked her to be his best man. Poor Vanessa though.

Final Thoughts

I like this episode! Naomi was okay for one episode, but I’m glad she didn’t stick around. I love seeing Hannah/Belle have a female friend she can bond with but Bambi fits that role soooo much better when she comes on the show later on. Naomi’s personality kind of grated on me. She’s too rough around the edges.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robin Hood 1x08 "Tattoo? What Tattoo?"

This episode is a major turning point for the show. It calls back to a few things we've seen before, including Robin's nightmare from a few episodes ago, his wound, and the conversation he had with Guy in the first episode when Guy mentioned having seen Robin fight before, all of which was foreshadowing for the big reveal in this episode. The episode is sort of split into two parts. Half of it is focused on Djaq, her capture, and the attempts to free her, and the other half is focused on Guy and Robin. It's a really important episode with some great scenes in it and gives some fascinating insight into Robin's character, including in my opinion, highlighting several of his major character flaws. Let's begin! Thoughts While Watching: We open with a flashback of when Robin and Much were in Acre that's actually part of a dream that Robin's having in the present day. We see him get injured and try to stop someone, who we find out is Guy, from killing t...

Robin Hood 2x05 "Ducking and Diving"

This is probably the very best episode of the entire series. This is Robin Hood at it's absolute peak. I cannot even begin to explain how much I absolutely adore this episode. It ripped my heart apart and stomped on it, sure, but it is genuinely excellent in every way and contains the scene that is probably my OTP's finest moment. We're at the episode where Robin finds out he has a traitor in his gang. Personally, I think it would have been better to go another episode or two of Allan being a traitor before the big reveal as I think it would have made even more of an impact, since at this point he hasn't really betrayed them that many times. He might've told Guy something the night he escaped the dungeon (but I don't count that as a betrayal since it was to save his own life), he told Guy they were going to break into the strongroom again (but Guy already knew that so he didn't give up any valuable information at all), he told Guy about the fake order from ...

Robin Hood 2x02 "The Booby and the Beast"

This episode is one of the strangest and most ridiculous episodes of the entire series but it's also one of the most fun! It holds a special place in my heart just for being the Djaq-in-a-dress episode and has one of my absolute favorite scenes: the reactions of the rest of the gang to her wearing a dress. If you're looking for anything even closely resembling historical accuracy or realism, this definitely isn't the episode for you. But then again, if that's what you're looking for, you might want to try a different series altogether. We'll be headed to medieval Las Vegas for this one; let's begin! Thoughts While Watching: Okay so, before we even get started, I just gotta ask...does "booby" mean something different in British slang? Or does it have some other meaning that I'm unaware of? I have literally never heard it used in the context that it's used here before in my life. In my world, a booby is a breast. It's always t...